What is brief intervention training for smoking cessation?
Who is the training for?
What will the training cover?
- Smoking-related issues and concerns, prevalence, recent changes to the law, the health risks of smoking and the benefits of quitting
- Understanding why people smoke and why it can be difficult to quit
- Recognising when a person may be ready to quit
- Developing practical skills to make effective brief interventions
- How to refer to Stop Smoking Wales and what the service offers
Who is delivering the training?
The training has been developed by Stop Smoking Wales practitioners and is accredited through Agored Cymru (formerly Open College Network Cymru). The course will be delivered through the medium of English.
How much does the training cost?
The course is free. If you book a place but are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer the place to someone else. Cancellation must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the start of the course or a non-attendance fee of £45 will be charged.
How to book a place
In House Brief Intervention Training
Stop Smoking Wales can deliver Brief Intervention training for specific teams and organisations. If you would like to request a training sessions please contact SSWTraining@wales.nhs.uk or call 01792 607381.The trainer requires a large room to seat between 8 and 16 with tables and presentation facilitates. The training is 3.5 hours.
If you would like any further information or have any queries, please contact Stop Smoking Wales on 01792 607381.
- Brief Intervention Booking Form for Smoking Cessation April - June 2014 (40 KB) 11/03/2014