Stop Smoking Wales is pleased to offer a free, one-day brief intervention training course.
What is brief intervention training for smoking cessation?
Who is the training for?
What will the training cover?
- Smoking-related issues and concerns, prevalence, recent changes to the law, the health risks of smoking and the benefits of quitting
- Understanding why people smoke and why it can be difficult to quit
- Recognising when a person may be ready to quit
- Developing practical skills to make effective brief interventions
- How to refer to Stop Smoking Wales and what the service offers
Who is delivering the training?
The training has been developed by Stop Smoking Wales practitioners and is accredited through the Royal College of Nursing and Agored Cymru (formerly Open College Network Cymru). The course will be delivered through the medium of English.
How much does the training cost?
The course is free. If you book a place but are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer the place to someone else. Cancellation must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the start of the course or a non-attendance fee of £75 may be charged.
How to book a place
Course dates and locations for January to March 2013 are listed below. Please choose your preferred course, then complete and send the attached booking form. You will receive confirmation of your booking and pre-course information by email.
If you would like any further information or have any queries, please contact Stop Smoking Wales on email@example.com
- Brief Intervention Training Dates Jan - March 2013 (34 KB) 12/12/2012
- Brief Intervention Training Dates November - December 2012 (57 KB) 30/10/2012